Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 November 2013 03:53
Here are the basic directions for downloading and reading an ebook with a Nook, Sony, Kobo (not Kindle).
Install Adobe Digital Editions on PC or Mac and activate it with an Adobe ID
-To download and install Adobe Digital Editions, click here.
-If you do not have an Adobe ID or forgot your log in, click here.
Download the ebook to your computer:
- Go to PLS OverDrive website: http://justsoyouknow.us/overdrive
- Sign in with your library card number and PIN (usually last 4 digits of phone number)
- Find the book you want to download
- Click on “Borrow” (“Place a Hold” to be added to the hold list)
- Click on “Go to Bookshelf”
- Select the format you would like the book to be in
- Click on the “Download” button
- Click “open” with Adobe Digital Editions when the box pops up (never select “save”).
Adobe Digital Editions will open and the book will download. You can read it on the computer or transfer it to an ereader (follow directions below)
Transfer the ebook to your ereader:
- Click on the icon in the top left corner with three book spines
Plug in ereader to computer with USB cord. It will show up in Adobe Digital Editions in the left hand column underneath “Recently Read”
-If this is the first time you have used the ereader with Adobe Digital Editions, it will ask you to authorize the ereader.
- Click on the book jacket and drag it over to the ereader in the left column. A little green bar will show up when you have the book jacket over the ereader name
- A box will pop up and show the book transferring (it may happen fast and be easy to miss)
Your book is now on the ereader and you can read it!