The Plan4College program is part of an initiative by the U.S. Department of Education that focuses on Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP). The goal is to provide students and families with information that will help students get to college.
Oklahoma has been given a grant to focus on providing information about college to 5th through 12th graders in the state. There are 32 Plan4College locations throughout Oklahoma that provide college information. The Shawnee Public Library location offers printed materials and a workstation with computer and printer where students can research and apply to Oklahoma colleges and search for scholarships and financial aid through the okcollegestart.org website.
Find information such as:
- Explore Colleges and Careers
- Discover the colleges and universities in the state.
- Determine the careers that best match your skills and interests.
- Match schools with your career interests.
- Plan and Pay for College
- See which high school classes are needed to meet admission requirements.
- Learn about ways to pay for college.
- Apply online for Oklahoma's Promise — OHLAP.
- Create a personal portfolio to track your college planning.
- Apply to College
- Gather information about the admission requirements at all Oklahoma colleges and universities.
- Apply online to most of the colleges and universities in Oklahoma.