McLoud Public Library
The hometown libraries of the Pioneer Library System are all free wireless internet hotspots. Just turn on your wireless device, connect to the network labeled library and start your Internet browser. If you are connected your homepage will appear and you may start using the web!
- WiFi-compliant 802.11b or 802.11g wireless Ethernet device
- Internet browser (e.g. IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc)
- Set your TCP client software to automatically obtain addresses
Quick Tips for Windows® Users
Click on the wireless network connection icon on your taskbar
- Select the option of View Available Wireless Networks
Select the network labeled library
- Once library is selected click Connect
- Your computer will now acquire a network address and then connect
- Once connected open your internet browser
Disclaimer: The library network is not secure. Any information you send to or from your wireless device could be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software. Staff of the hometown libraries are not able to provide technical assistance and there is no guarantee you will be able to connect via your wireless device. Lastly, the library assumes no responsibility for security of, changes to or damages to laptop configuration, security or data files resulting in use of the unsecured network.