Shawnee Public Library
Last Updated on Thursday, 05 January 2012 14:33
Using Shawnee's Movie Box is simple!
-You can checkout 4 DVDs at a time (Movie Box movies do not count towards 4 DVD limit)
-The Movie Box will hold DVD reservations for 7 hours until you pick them up at the library.
-DVDs are due back in 7 days
If this is your first time using the Movie Box, you will need to visit the library and login to the Movie Box with your library card number and PIN before logging in online to place a reservation
1. Place DVD on hold
Go to the Pioneer Library System catalog and click on "Movie Box" (in the gray bar). Then select the "Shawnee Movie Box"
Go to the Shawnee Library page on the website and click on the "Shawnee Movie Box" button
-Log in with your library card number (14 digit number on card) and PIN number (usually last 4 digits of phone number)
-Click "continue" button (green arrow on lower right)
-Select "DVD" or "Blu-ray DVD"
-Choose the genre you want to browse
-Choose a movie
-Click "Continue" button
-Click "Place Reservation" button
-See "Reservation successful!" message
-Click "logout" button or "choose more" to continue browsing
2. Checkout DVD at Movie Box
-Insert library card (on lower right hand side) or type in library card number (required for keychain cards) and PIN number on screen
-Movie is ejected from door above screen
-Receipt is printed from opening on upper right hand side
3. Return DVD to Movie Box (if DVD is damaged, return to circulation desk)
-library card number and pin are required for return
-Be sure to insert movie with barcode side facing upward
*If you have problems with Movie Box, go to the Circulation Desk for assistance*
Last Updated on Thursday, 04 April 2013 09:42
Mon - Thu 9 am - 9 pm
Fri 9 am - 6 pm
Sat 9 am - 5 pm
Sun 1 pm - 5 pm
Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 August 2011 15:49
The Pioneer Library System is now offering more locations for you to pick up library materials. If you are out shopping at the Shawnee Mall, you can pick up your requested materials from the new book box. Using the book box is very easy and fast.
Selecting Book Box Location
1. Find the material you want in the catalog
2. Click the "place a hold" button
-If not already logged in, log in with 14 digit library card number and 4 digit pin number
3. Select a location to pick up materials
4. Write a short comment if necessary
5. Click "Request" button to finalize
6. Click "Return to Searching" or "Logout and Return" to go back to the catalog to continue browsing
You will be notified by phone, email, or traditional mail when your hold is available for pick-up.
-Wait until AFTER noon to pick up materials
-If checking status online:
-"on hold shelf" means item will be delivered the next day
-"checked out" means item is at the book box
-Items are checked out to patron the day it is placed in book box
-Please pick up items within one week
Picking Up Materials at Book Box
1. Type in the last 7 digits of your library card number.
2. Box will pop open and you can receive materials
The book box is a pickup location only. A bookdrop for returning materials is located next to it.
Last Updated on Friday, 19 September 2008 11:56
The Plan4College program is part of an initiative by the U.S. Department of Education that focuses on Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP). The goal is to provide students and families with information that will help students get to college.
Oklahoma has been given a grant to focus on providing information about college to 5th through 12th graders in the state. There are 32 Plan4College locations throughout Oklahoma that provide college information. The Shawnee Public Library location offers printed materials and a workstation with computer and printer where students can research and apply to Oklahoma colleges and search for scholarships and financial aid through the okcollegestart.org website.
Find information such as:
- Explore Colleges and Careers
- Discover the colleges and universities in the state.
- Determine the careers that best match your skills and interests.
- Match schools with your career interests.
- Plan and Pay for College
- See which high school classes are needed to meet admission requirements.
- Learn about ways to pay for college.
- Apply online for Oklahoma's Promise — OHLAP.
- Create a personal portfolio to track your college planning.
- Apply to College
- Gather information about the admission requirements at all Oklahoma colleges and universities.
- Apply online to most of the colleges and universities in Oklahoma.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 April 2013 10:49
About the Shawnee Friends of the Library
The Friends contribute to the library through advocacy, volunteering, and financial support. Financial support includes Summer Reading Programs and programs throughout the year; hospitality funds; staff development; and special events.
Call or visit the library and request an application form.
President: Sylvia Cobb
Phone Number: 275-3346
Individual/ Family $10
Reader $25 Book Lover $50 Patron $100
The Friends meet in the Shawnee Library Conference room at 5:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of January, April, July and October.
Page 1 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»