- Published on Friday, 04 April 2014 13:36
Do you like using the library's online services? Better yet, do you find the library's online services a bit cumbersome to navigate and wish you could help us make them better?
Your hometown virtual library is in the initial stages of redesigning your virtual library experience and are wanting 10 library card holders to help us with the process. The 10 Alpha Testers will be with us (virtually) through out the development process.
They will help:
- In the selecting the look of the library website;
- In refining the words used to direct library users online;
- Prioritize enhancements and future features;
- Published on Tuesday, 11 February 2014 00:00
Vote today for your favorite book on the 2014 Sequoyah Book Award list!
Fill out the Sequoyah voting ballot and choose your favorite book. Voting ends March 15, 2014. Winners will be announced in April.
- Published on Friday, 07 February 2014 14:40
Patrons are now able to access MyFreeTaxes.com for assistance in getting organized and filing taxes.
Discover how easy it is to prepare your taxes for free!
- Online at MyFreeTaxes.com, powered by H&R Block, if you make $58,000 or less.
- In person with an IRS-certified volunteer income tax preparer, if you make $52,000 or less.
- Published on Thursday, 30 January 2014 16:27
Pioneer Library System has added the Zinio for Libraries service! Zinio provides access to digital versions of popular magazines that you can read online or download to your computer or mobile device. The digital magazines are full-color duplicates of the print magazines. It is simple and easy to use the service.
You will need:
- A Pioneer Library System library card
- Internet access
- A free Zinio for Libraries account to checkout magazines from the library
- A free Zinio.com account to read and manage the magazines (TIP: Use the same email and password for both accounts)
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 09:46
Tax Season is here, and your hometown libraries are ready to help you find the resources you need to file your taxes. This year, taxes must be filed by Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
Each of the 10 PLS branches is equipped to help you locate, download, and print your federal or state tax forms. Library cardholders may file their taxes online from library computers, but library staff is not trained to answer tax-related questions or work in actual preparation of forms.
- Standard charges for printing or photocopying apply. Black and white prints or copies are $0.15 per page. Color prints or copies are $0.30 per page.
Hometown libraries are unable to install personal tax software onto library computers.
Use the following information to find Oklahoma and federal tax forms online and other tax assistance resources: