Last Updated on Thursday, 12 December 2013 10:59
Looking for a last minute gift? Don't know what to get the person who has everything? Need a gift that is low-cost?
Give your friends and family a framed piece of history. It is an easy, one-of-a-kind gift that is free to find with the library's historical resources.
What you will need:
- PLS library card
- Picture frame
- Go to the Oklahoma section of the PLS databases at www.mylibrary2go.com
- Select one of these databases: Fold 3 History & Genealogy Archives, Gateway to Oklahoma History, Heritage Quest, Newsbank Newspapers, Oklahoman Archives, or Pioneer Obituary Finder
- Log in with your PLS library card
- Enter your search terms or browse the collection
- Select your historical document
- Save, print, and frame it
- Give it to a friend or relative
Here are some examples of gift ideas and where you can find your own bit of history:
WWII Draft Card
available in Fold 3 History & Genealogy Archives
Additional Gift Ideas: military records and photos, immigration and naturalization records, Freedman's Bank records, family and local histories, and even UFO sighting records.