Contact Information - Administrative Offices
- Published on Friday, 28 December 2007 08:58
- Hits: 32637
|Anne Masters - Director, Pioneer Library System||405.801.4502|
|Theresa Dickson - Assistant Director for Planning & Operations||405.801.4504|
|Lisa Wells - Assistant Director for Library Services||405.801.4503|
|Susan Grossman - Development Officer||405.801.4520|
|Gary Kramer - Public Information Officer||405.801.4550|
|Andrew Peters - Associate Director for Technology||405.801.4560|
|Caroline Dulworth - Collections and Outreach Manager||405.801.4586|
|Adriana Edwards-Johnson - Virtual Library Coordinator||405.801.4531|
|Louise Whitaker - Training and Staff Development Coordinator||405.801.4540|
Please use the Contact Us form to initiate email contact.
When is the book sale?
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2007 13:42
- Hits: 8594
What are the rules for using the Newcastle Library meeting rooms?
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2007 11:25
- Hits: 8067
There are three rooms available, for meetings at the Newcastle Public Library, a conference room, a small meeting room and a the ball room.
To book the rooms you need to contact City Hall at 405-387-4427.
What is interlibrary loan?
- Published on Thursday, 20 December 2007 02:41
- Hits: 101005
Just because your hometown library doesn't own a particular title doesn't mean you can't read it. The PLS Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service helps us connect you to the joy of reading and information for life long learning by allowing you to borrow items from other libraries. PLS complies with the ALA's Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States and any questions regarding ILL procedures should be directed to the Pioneer Service Center.
- Patrons must have a current PLS library card and cannot have fines that exceed $9.99 to be eligible for Interlibrary Loan privileges.
- Eligible patrons may request no more than four (4) items per week.
- Genealogy requests must be for a specific author/title. Subject requests for genealogical information cannot be processed through Interlibrary Loan.
- All ILL materials must be returned to the library from which you picked them up.
- Pioneer Library System will honor the lending library's due date and rules.
Fees for lost items will be:
-the replacement cost
-any fees charged by the lending library
-or a $50 default fee
Steps involved in requesting ILL:
Check the catalog to see if any Pioneer Library System hometown library owns the item and place your request (these materials will be sent to your local library for pickup)
*If the title you want is not in the catalog go to Step 2*
Consider making a Suggestion for Purchase if the item you want meets the following requirements:
- The item is print Fiction and likely still in print (older material that is a classic; pulp fiction or Large Print that is < 1 year old)
- The item is print Non-Fiction < 5 years old
- The item is non-print Fiction < 2 years old
- The item in non-print Non-Fiction < 2 years old
- The item is a Fiction or Non-Fiction feature film of any age
*If the title you want does not meet these criteria for purchase, go to Step 3.*
Check OCLC WorldCat
- In the Select a Topic or Database drop menu select WorldCat
- Type your search in the search box
- Click on the Title of the item you want
- If you want to request an ILL click on the dark grey ILL button or the text which reads "Request this item (Interlibrary Loan)"
- Fill out the form and click Submit
Click here to contact us if you want to follow-up with your request or have other questions concerning Interlibrary Loan.
Please allow up to six (6) weeks for delivery. If any charges are associated with your request you will be contacted to see if you are willing to pay the costs.
When is the book sale?
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2007 11:23
- Hits: 8857